Advice following the procedure:
- You may experience some abdominal discomfort from the residual air in your bowel – this should settle within 24 hours
- You may experience some pain and/or bruising at the injection site – this should settle without treatment.
- The preparation you have taken can result in you being left dehydrated – please drink some extra fluid over the next 24 hours to improve your recovery – approx. 2L of water would be ideal.
- It may take up to 2 – 3 days to re-establish your usual bowel elimination pattern after undergoing colonoscopy preparation.
If you have had sedation for this procedure:
The drugs used may still be in your system.
You must make sure you have a responsible adult to care for you at home after the procedure.
Until the following morning you should not:
- Drive a vehicle, ride a bicycle or operate machinery
- Make any important decisions
- Sign legal documents
- Drink alcohol
* * *
If you require further advice or experience problems such as severe pain or bleeding contact our Admissions Nurse on 97912244 or your Surgeon on 97211333. If after hours please contact your local hospital.
Bunbury Regional Hospital ph 97221000