Patients are often in a weakened or confused state in hospital and are more susceptible to falling.
Falls are a leading cause of hospital-acquired injury.
At Bunbury Day Surgery we document and investigate every fall and take action to reduce the number of falls that occur.
Bunbury Day Surgery falls prevention program includes:
- Assessment of all patients for risk of falls;
- Reporting,investigating and monitoring of falls incidents;
- Quality improvement activities are undertaken to prevent falls and minimise patient harm;
- Spot inspections of the hospital environment to reduce the risk of falls;
- Patients are given education on admission about reducing their risk of a fall.
Pamphets on Falls Prevention are available from our Admission Liaison if you would like a pamphlet sent to you prior to your admission please give us a ring.
Further information regarding falls maybe found at :
Falls data for Bunbury Day Surgery:
Year Number Falls
2016 0 (Up to end August)
2013 1 ( No injury)
2012 2 ( No injury)
2011 1 ( No injury)