- A right to health care;
- A right to safe and high quality care;
- A right to be shown respect, dignity and consideration;
- A right to be informed about services, treatment, options and costs in a clear and open way;
- A right to be included in decisions and choices about care;
- A right to privacy and confidentiality of provided information;
- A right to comment on care and having concerns addressed.
- Notify Bunbury Day Surgery if you need to cancel your admission;
- Supply complete and accurate information concerning your health, medical history and medications;
- Agree to follow post operative instructions and comply with hospital directives;
- Provide up to date contact details and pay all accounts;
- Respect the rights and property of the hospital, other patients, visitors and staff.
Bunbury Day Surgery complies with and abides by the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). Information collected is directly related to: care and treatment of the patient, government regulations and private health billing requirements. Under certain circumstances this information may be shared without patient consent (e.g. emergency situations, notification of communicable diseases, etc). Medical records are owned by the hospital and you may apply in writing to the hospital for access.
Information on the Privacy Act 1988 and the APPs can be found at the following website:
Bunbury Day Surgery endorses and adopts the Australian Open Disclosure Framework.
Open disclosure is an open discussion with the patient, and their family and carers about adverse events that result in harm to the patient while receiving health care.
All clinical staff at Bunbury Day Surgery are trained in open disclosure processes and a senior individual is responsible for open disclosure within the organisation.
Making a Complaint
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about any aspect of Bunbury Day Surgery, we ask that you submit it in writing addressed to:
Bunbury Day Surgery Chief Executive Officer, 140 Spencer Street, Bunbury WA 6230.
If you are unable to resolve an issue with Bunbury Day Surgery you can make a complaint to the Office of Health Review. The Office of Health Review offers an impartial view and works with both parties to achieve a fair outcome.
The Office of Health Review
GPO Box B61
PERTH WA 6838
Complaints and enquiry line: (08) 6551 7600
Facsimile: (08) 6551 7630
TTY: (08) 65517640